Making and Documenting Payments
To keep track of reimbursements, parents are able to track payments on their Expense Log or make payments through the website using their OFWpay™ accounts.
In this tutorial:
- Making a full or partial payment
- Confirming a Check-Other payment
- Marking an expense as reimbursed
- Scheduling payments with OFWpay™
Making or documenting new payments
To make a payment or document a payment on an existing expense, first, go to the Expense Log tab.
- Click Make Payment.
- From the drop-down menu in the upper left corner, select Pay Existing Expenses.
- Select to pay a single expense or multiple expenses.
- Single Expense: If you select to make a payment on a single expense, you have the option of paying in full or updating the payment amount to reflect a partial payment.
- Multiple Expenses: When multiple expenses are selected for a payment, the total amount for each expense must be paid.
- Select your payment date, which notes when your payment will be sent.
- Select your payment method:
- Check-Other: Outside of OFW payments will give you the option of a payment note (cash, check number, money order number, etc.) and payment amount.
- OFWpay: Use OFWpay to send the funds to your co-parent via a documented, electronic payment. If you do not see OFWpay as an option, either you, your co-parent, or both do not have an active OFWpay account. Click here for instructions on applying for an OFWpay account.
- Click Make Payment in the top left corner.
Confirming a payment from your co-parent
When a co-parent documents a payment they have made or intend to make outside of the website, the status of the expense will update to Approved (Payment Unconfirmed). The status will not update to Paid until the recipient confirms receipt of the payment.
Note: Only confirm Check-Other payments that you have already received. OFWpay™ payments do not need to be confirmed, so you will not see this option if a payment is submitted via OFWpay™.
- To confirm a payment you have received from your co-parent, go to the Expense Log tab.
- You can navigate to the payment details in one of two ways:
- Click the title of the expense in question. Then, click on the View Receipt link under Expense History.
- Click the Payments section in the lefthand menu of the Expense Log tab. Then, click on the Payment Number for the payment in question.
- In the payment detail window, review the expenses included in the payment and confirm the total matches what you received.
- Click Confirm Payment. Any expenses included in the payment will be updated.
Marking expenses as reimbursed
Co-parents who are receiving a payment through means outside of the website do not have to wait for their co-parent to log a payment to mark an expense as reimbursed.
Note: Only expenses for which you have received reimbursement should be marked as reimbursed.
- To mark an expense as reimbursed, locate it in the Expense Register section of the Expense Log tab.
- You can mark an expense as reimbursed via two methods.
- Click the reimbursed icon in the rightmost column of the expense register.
- Click the expense's title, and in the expense detail window that pops up, click the blue Mark Reimbursed button.
- The status of the expense will update to Paid.
Once an expense has been marked as reimbursed, it cannot be updated or removed from the expense log.
Scheduling a single or recurring payment with OFWpay™
With an OFWpay™ account, parents can schedule a one-time or repeating payment.
- From the Expense Log tab, click Make Payment.
- From the drop-down menu in the top left corner, select Schedule New Payment.
- Complete the required fields to give details about the expense. Select your frequency of payment, and indicate your starting date. To end your payment, choose either an end payment date or the number of payments to be made until paid in full.
- Select the account to make your scheduled payment from.
- Click Setup Payment.