Access our full set of features through the OurFamilyWizard website
Documented Expense Reimbursements with OFWpay™
In this tutorial:
Signing up for OFWpay™
To create an OFWpay™ account, you must wait 30 days after signing up for OurFamilyWizard. You'll also need a valid U.S. checking or savings account in order to apply.
- From the app menu, tap Expenses. Then, select OFWpay.
- Tap the + in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Complete all required fields in the OFWpay™ application. If any piece of information provided in the application does not match your records, the application will be rejected. You must also review and agree to the different pieces under the “Terms of Service” section.
- Tap the checkmark at the top-right corner of the screen to submit your application. You will be notified if your account is approved or if there are any issues with your application via an Action Item alert in your OFW Message Board.
Scheduling single or repeating payments with OFWpay™
With OFWpay™, parents have the option of scheduling a one-time payment or creating a repeating payment for a recurring expense. Scheduled payments
- From the app menu, tap Expenses. Then, select Scheduled Payments.
- Tap the + in the top right corner.
- Provide the expense details:
- Title: This is how the expense will be labeled in the Expense Register.
- Category: The category to which the expense is assigned determines the percentage split between parents.
- Amount: Provide the total for the expense, including any portion for which your co-parent is responsible. The category you selected will split the expense total for you.
- From Account: Select from which OFWpay™ account you'd like to process the payment.
- Children: Set for which children the expense was incurred.
- Select a frequency for the payment.
- Once: Select this option if the payment is for a single expense.
- Repeating: Parents have the option of creating a payment that repeats on a specific day of the month, the first of the month, last of the month, weekly, or yearly.
- Tap Done in the top-right corner of the screen to schedule your payment.
Why am I not seeing the option to use my OFWpay™ account?
First, check the status of your application. If your application is pending or suspended, you will not have the option to use OFWpay™ to submit payments to your co-parent. Contact customer support with any questions about suspended accounts.
Second, if your co-parent does not have an active OFWpay™ account, you will not be able to use OFWpay™ to transfer funds to them. Each parent has to have an active OFWpay™ account in order to send and receive reimbursements.
Why wasn't my payment successful?
There can be various reasons why a payment failed to process, such as reaching your weekly transfer limit. For more details about a certain transaction, please contact our customer support team.
What are 'weekly limits' on OFWpay™ accounts?
Every OFWpay™ account begins with a $1,000 weekly transfer limit. Within any period of 5 business days, a parent can only send $1,000 to their co-parent.
Does the parent receiving funds get charged with transaction fees?
No. Only the parent sending the payment will be charged for the fees associated with OFWpay™ transactions. A transaction fee is charged on top of the total that is being sent to the recipient.
Transaction fees are as follows:
• Transactions between $0 - $100: $2.50 Fee
• Transactions between $101.00 - $999: $5.00 Fee
• Transactions between $1000 - $2499: $7.50 Fee
• Transactions greater than $2500: $10.00 Fee