Analyze your messages with ToneMeter™
It can be harder to gauge our tone when communicating electronically rather than in-person. To keep communication productive, however, it helps to be aware of how statements could be interpreted by other people.
ToneMeter™ helps parents anticipate how the tone of their message could be received by flagging statements that may be emotionally charged. This gives them the opportunity to modify the message before pressing send.
ToneMeter™ is an optional add-on to your OFW subscription. Learn how to add ToneMeter™ to your account.
In this tutorial:
Running a ToneMeter™ report
You can get immediate feedback from the ToneMeter™ tool when composing a message. To do so,
- Tap the ToneMeter™ icon. It will be located in the blue bar above the keyboard and look like four signal-strength bars. If you do not see this icon, verify that you have ToneMeter™ enabled on your account.
- Any flagged statements will be listed below the icon after it is tapped. If no statements are flagged, a 'No Results' message will be displayed instead.
- If desired, update the flagged statements and re-run the ToneMeter™ analysis by tapping the icon again.
Note: ToneMeter™ does not prevent you from sending a message with flagged statements. Parents can still send messages despite any results returned by the ToneMeter™ tool.
Verifying your ToneMeter™ add-on
If you're unsure whether or not you have ToneMeter™ on your account, you can verify by doing the following.
- From the app menu, select My Account.
- Tap Service Status.
- Your ToneMeter™ status will be shown as either Active or Inactive.
If you wish to add ToneMeter™ to your account, sign in through the website and follow these instructions.