Useful OurFamilyWizard Tools for Clients During the COVID-19 Crisis
OurFamilyWizard has always been and continues to be committed to evolving and enhancing its platform and features. Even many of the most experienced practitioners might not know about all of the tools on OurFamilyWizard, some of which could prove indispensable to you and your clients during times of uncertainty and national emergency.
You and your clients might find the following tools to be particularly useful during the COVID-19 crisis:
- The Health section of the Info Bank: Here, your clients can upload their child(ren)'s current medical details and medical insurance information. This information is essential for parents to have on hand in case of emergency, whether related to COVID-19 or not.
- Uploading documents to the MyFiles section of the Info Bank: Clients can use this space to share necessary documents, including their parenting agreement or custody order. Other important materials to share here through the COVID-19 crisis might include school-related documents such as remote learning assignments or communication from teachers.
- Schedule change requests in the Calendar: Here, your clients can propose and document one-time changes to their regular parenting schedule, which might prove increasingly necessary as school and work schedules are ever-evolving through the COVID-19 crisis.
- GPS-verified Check-ins in the Journal: Clients can memorialize their presence at parenting time exchanges, trips to the doctor, and other important locations.
- Moments in the Journal: Clients can use Moments to share photos and updates with their co-parent as well as other family members.
As an attorney, mental health provider, or Parenting Coordinator, you can concisely view the communication that transpires between parents, but you can also remind clients that during this time of heightened anxiety, the tools outlined above are available to them to ensure that all of their co-parenting communication is clearly documented in a safe and unalterable manner.
You can find additional instructions on using these and other OurFamilyWizard tools in our Tips & Tricks section. Here, we provide walk-throughs of the various tools that are available on the website and mobile apps for both parents and practitioners.