Access our full set of features through the OurFamilyWizard website
In this tutorial:
- Creating a Trade/Swap™ Request
- Responding to a Trade/Swap™ Request
Submitting a new Trade/Swap™ request
- In the left navigation menu, go to “Calendar," then select "New Trade."
- Complete all of the required fields:
- Enter a brief reason for your request.
- In the “Respond By” field, select the date by which you must receive a response from the other parent regarding this trade. This date must be at least 48 hours before the requested date in order to allow for a response.
- In the “Responsibility Of” parent, select which parent you are proposing to have parenting time per this request.
- Enter the Start and End dates and times for this request. This will represent the parenting time that you are offering or requesting in this trade.
- Decide if this request is a trade.
- Select Trade if you wish to propose a trade in parenting time for this request. If selected, complete the fields below with the Start and End dates and times for this trade. If you do not wish to offer a trade for your request, select No Trade.
Responding to a Trade/Swap™ request
When submitting a Trade/Swap™ request, the creator must select a date, a minimum of 24 hours in the future, by which they need a response. If you do not respond to a Trade/Swap™ request by the selected date, the request will expire, and no changes will be made to the parenting schedule.
Finding the request
When your co-parent enters a Trade/Swap™ request, you'll receive a notification if you have email, text, or push alerts enabled for your account. To find the Trade/Swap™ request your co-parent submitted, first, go to the Action Items folder on your Message Board. Find the message with the subject of 'Trade Swap Request Created' and click on the 'Click to view' link within. You will then be brought to the Trade/Swap™ request in question.
- Open Trade/Swap™ requests are marked on the calendar with this icon:
- Closed Trade/Swap™ requests are marked on the calendar with this icon:
Responding to the request
You have two options when responding to a Trade/Swap™ request from your co-parent on the mobile app. Before selecting your response, carefully review the details of the request. Once a Trade/Swap™ request has been responded to, no further changes can be made to the request.
- Approve: Approving a Trade/Swap™ request updates the parenting schedule to reflect the proposed changes.
- Refuse: When a Trade/Swap™ request is refused, the parenting schedule will remain unaffected.
If you would like the option to submit a counter-proposal to your co-parent's request, you have the option to do so when signed in through the OFW website.