Access our full set of features through the OurFamilyWizard website
In this tutorial:
- Creating events
- Editing and removing events
- Finding events created by your co-parent
- Why can't I edit an event?
Creating one-time events
- From the app menu, select Calendar and then New Event.
- Complete all required fields, which include a title for the event, a beginning date and time for the event, and ending date and time for the event. All other fields are optional, but you are encouraged to fill out these fields.
- Additional, optional fields include:
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off responsibilities: This will note which parent will be bringing and retrieving the child(ren) from the event. The start and end times for the event will be color-coded to indicate which parent is responsible.
- Event For: Indicate whether or not the event is for a particular parent.
- Children: Indicate which children, if any, are involved with the event.
- Sharing: Events are set to shared by default. If you'd like to make it private, toggle the “Sharing” button so that it is white.
- Other options include adding notes, setting an event reminder, and adding an icon to the event.
Editing or removing one-time events
- In the left navigation menu, select Calendar. Then select to view your calendar in either the “Month” or “List” view.
- Navigate to the event and tap to view it.
- Only the creator of an event can edit or delete it. Events that have already begun or are in the past cannot be modified in any way, even by the creator.
- Edit: Tap the pencil icon at the top-right corner of the window. Tap the checkmark when you have completed the necessary edits.
- Delete: Tap the garbage can icon at the top-right corner of the window.
Finding new events created by your co-parent
If you're ever alerted to a new event created by your co-parent—either through email, text, or push notification—you can quickly and easily locate that event by using the System Messages folder in your OFW Message Board.
- From the app menu, select Messages. In the Messages sub-menu, select System Messages.
- For every new event created by your co-parent, you'll receive a message with the subject New Event Created.
- The message will contain details about the new event that was created. To go to the event on the calendar and see the complete entry, click on the Click to view link located at the end of the message.
- In the event details, you will be able to see the date, time, and place of the event as well as any other pertinent information that your co-parent included when creating the event.
Why can't I delete an event?
There are two reasons an event cannot be edited or deleted.
- Your co-parent parent or someone else created the event. You can only delete or edit events that you have created.
- The event has passed. Once an event becomes historical, it cannot be edited or deleted on the website. This is done to protect the integrity of your information.
However, you can create journal entries in the calendar for both future and historical events.